Your generosity changes lives!
We applaud your caring commitment to Unity Care. Without ongoing support from the community, many foster and underserved youth end up facing life’s challenges alone. Join us in supporting our transitional age youth, so that they may build a better future.. We welcome cash contributions, gift cards, and in-kind donations.
Your donation helps us meet the basic needs of the youth and families we serve.
Here’s what your gift means to our youth and families:
- $2,500 provides rental assistance for transitional age foster youth.
- $1,000 supports employment/higher education expenses.
- $500 provides move-in kits to new youth entering our programs .
- $250 provides a month of groceries for one youth.
- $100 provides transportation for one youth.
- $50 provides support for everyday living expenses.
- We appreciate your gift of any amount.
Many companies and corporate foundations match their employee’s gifts to nonprofit organizations like Unity Care. If your company has a matching gift program, please request a matching gift for your cash donation or volunteer hours.
Many times, youth come to Unity Care abruptly and without clothes or shoes. Gift cards in any amount from local stores such as Target, Wal-Mart, Kohl’s, and Safeway are a welcome way to meet the diverse needs of our youth and families.
Please mail gift cards to:
Unity Care Development Department
1400 Parkmoor Ave. Suite 115
San Jose, CA 95126.
Unity Care accepts items year-round that are new or gently used, including:
- Clothing Gift Cards. $25 from Target, Old Navy, Walmart, or Kohl’s.
- Toiletries – Towel set, shampoo & conditioner, body wash & sponges, body lotion, deodorant, tooth brushes, and toothpaste.
- New Art Supplies – Canvases, sketch pads, brushes, acrylic paints, color pens and pencils
- New Teen Bikes – Mountain bikes or cruisers with helmet and bike lock
- Household Items – Dishware sets, cutlery, small kitchen appliances
- Electronics – New or gently used laptops (PCs or Macs), tvs, etc.
Please contact the Development Department to discuss your donation at (408) 971-9822 or email@example.com.
*We do not accept upholstered furniture from pet-friendly homes due to allergens.