Your generosity changes lives!
We applaud your caring commitment to Unity Care. Without ongoing support from the community, many foster and underserved youth end up facing life’s challenges alone. Join us in providing a safety net so our youth and families may achieve their goals. We welcome cash contributions, gift cards, and in-kind donations.
Your donation helps us meet the basic needs of the youth and families we serve.
Here’s what your gift means to our youth and families:
- $2,500 provides vocational/career readiness.
- $1,000 provides rental assistance for homeless foster youth.
- $500 provides tutoring for college preparedness.
- $250 provides a monthly transportation pass.
- $100 provides jeans and sneakers for school.
- $50 provides a backpack and school supplies.
- We appreciate your gift of any amount.
Many companies and corporate foundations match their employee’s gifts to nonprofit organizations like Unity Care. If your company has a matching gift program, please request a matching gift for your cash donation or volunteer hours.
Many times, kids come to Unity Care abruptly and without clothes or shoes. Gift cards in any amount from local stores such as Target, Wal-Mart, Kohl’s, and Safeway are a welcome way to meet the diverse needs of our youth and families.
Please mail gift cards to:
Unity Care Development Department
1400 Parkmoor Ave. Suite 115
San Jose, CA 95126.
Unity Care accepts items year-round that are new or gently used, including:
- School supplies and new backpacks
- New clothing and shoes (all sizes). No used clothing please.
- Furniture – gently used couches, dresses, dining tables, coffee tables, etc. Please email photos to email@example.com before donating to ensure the item fits in one of our houses.
- Household items – dishware sets, cutlery, small kitchen appliances
- Tickets for recreational activities or special events
- New or gently used laptops
- New toys
- Bikes in good condition
- New art supplies – canvases, sketch pads, brushes, acrylic paints, color pens and pencils
Please contact the Development Department to discuss your donation at (408) 971-9822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.